October 6th, 2016
1. Apache Beam in Big Data Pipeline by Randy Huang - Data Architect at VMFive
Why use beam?
If you want to decompose your task into pipeline. You can focus on algorithm.
It could run on Flink, Storm and Spark. So you can write code once run anywhere.
- What is the pain point if such application has so much runner? (spark, flink, storm)
- No, pain point until now. Sometime CEP for Flink but might not able to use in Beam.
- Beam is follow Flink related API closely.
2.Kubernetes 使用心得分享 by Gene Liu / LIVEhouse.in
- Self healing in second.
- Master will use 0.4 CPU in etcd.
- Is any way to assign random port in Kubernetes Cluster if we want to run random replica?
- Use node pool
- Why use kubernetes?
- It is deep link with Google Cloud.
- Easy to integrate with Google Cloud Service.
3. 認識Dataflow by Simon Su/Cloud Architect at LinkerNetworks