UAC (User Account Control) is a new architecture under Vista which end users can run as standard users (not administrators) and still be productive. It got a little complicated to register DLL by RegSvr32.exe.
- When register your DLL via RegSvr32.exe it will failed by error code 0x8002801c and 0x80070005.
- When you use “Administrator” to install component via installation APP, this situation does not happen during Installation.
If you want to solve this problem, just turn off UAC (User Account Control).
- In traditional view, [Settings] –> [Console Panel]
- Press [User Account] –> [Change security settings].
- It will pop up a dialog to show UAC. Just turn off it.