January 12th, 2006
If you want to develop and run WinFX applications:
Make sure your OS is higher than WinXP SP2.
- Install WinFX Run Time Component 3.0
- [Optional] Visual Studio - You can use either a full version (available in the MSDN Subscribers Download section) or the free Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition.
- Windows SDK (In my case, please use SetupWinSDK-(YOUR OS).msi rather than auto install)
- [Optional] Visual Studio 2005 Extensions for WinFX
- [Optional] Visual Studio 2005 Extensions for Windows Workflow Foundation
Where to get the sample code? Extract the AllSample.zip in Windows SDL installation Samples.
Reference: Windows Vista Developer Center